Let there be light. Today's technology has allowed us to conquer the night. What once was a time of total darkness is now illuminated by modern technology. We are no longer hiding in the shadows. We no longer limit our activities to daytime. We came out of the darkness and started lighting our own way. Instead of us still having to live with the dark, we are now capable of lighting the world, our world, in more ways than one.
There are many kind of lights being used at home. There are incandescent lights, they are the most common type. However, recent developments see incandescent lights being replaced by other types of electric lights, one of which is the LED (light-emitting diode) light. The LED light is slowly becoming the light of choice in households due to its efficient lighting system. LED lights in Singapore are becoming even more popular as more people live in landed properties. Below are some information about LED lights.
1. A LED light is more durable than ordinary bulbs. It is capable of producing light without heating. It also has a longer lifespan than other lighting systems. A LED light can be used for several years without waning in quality.
2. LED light is compact. Yet the light's small size does not diminish it capability to light rooms and other spaces. The light is even used in industrial and commercial establishments.
3. A LED light uses minimal power supply. It uses less voltage when compared to other types of light. And that is a good thing. It means that the cost of using LED light is cheaper than an incandescent or fluorescent lamp. If you want a lighting system that is cheap, then a LED light is good for you.
4. Compared to other types of light, LED light produces more light energy while wasting less power. You will be able to save more money by paying less on the electricity bill. This is also why some companies and industries use LED lights in their buildings. It is a money-saver for them.
5. LED light does not emit ultraviolet rays that can be harmful to people. It also does not contain hazardous chemicals such as mercury. It is free of toxins. So you can say that the LED light is a safe and environment-friendly device.
6. LED lights are also used for aesthetic purposes. You can color mix your light to set a mood in a particular room. You can also focus the direction of an LED light to one angle to enhance the visual appearance of a room.
These are just some information on LED lights. This type of light is a good substitute to incandescent lights. If you do plan to buy some for your home, feel free to try them out. There are many stores that sell LED lights in Singapore.