Citizens of the city-state of Singapore are well known for their deep sense of nationalism and eagerness for national progress. These values are ingrained in the minds of the young Singaporean generation. However, it is not appropriate to assume that the youngsters of this country do not know how to have fun. This is supported by the fact that teenagers and Singaporeans in their 20s are gaining prominence as notable party hosts.
To improve party hosting skills, below are five tips that can surely take any party to the next level.
1. Ditch the indoor.
- House parties are the common trend among western festivities. However, event planners suggest that innovative party solutions require that parties be enacted outside the house premises. This is because these professionals consider indoor festivities to be partly outdated. Also, indoor parties bestow significant limitations to the party. Throwing an open-space party complete with the necessary accessories like outdoor wicker furniture, lights and the necessary ambience will bring out the awesomeness in any gathering.
2. Make it cozy.
- The entertainment value is often the primary focus of party hosts. To accomplish this, games are usually implemented during the festivities. However, events planners emphasize that the party place must also be relaxing and accommodating. Such goal is easy to accomplish if the party is done inside the house but for open-space gatherings, party hosts are suggested to buy outdoor furniture where guests can rest during program intervals. This way, the interest and participation of the guests are sure to last until the end of the programs.
3. Designate a liquor attendant.
- Most house parties allow the guests to mix their own kind of drinks that are offered in the bar. Unfortunately, this has resulted to the over-drunkenness of some guests. To address this, party hosts are suggested to designate a person who will make the drinks during the entire duration of the party.
4. Revamp your playlist.
- Music is the backbone of any party. The tunes set the mood for the occasion while the lyrics send significant message to the attendees. Oftentimes, the music and lyrics of party songs can trigger the guests to hit the dance floor or to retire with their drinks, reminisce the past and share these memories with their co-attendees. Consequently, it is important that the party host prepare a variety of playlists that will appeal to his or her guests.
5. Be mindful of the menu.
- Lastly, the food that will be served during a party will be remembered by the guest sharply as how they will recount the gossips that they heard during the gathering. Because of this, party planners must take note of food items that will be easy to serve yet will revitalize the energy of the guests. This includes sandwiches, fried and roasted chicken, hotdogs, fruits and desserts.
Simple gatherings, friendly parties, dance showdowns and even weekend village meet-ups, all of these types of parties can be improved by the five tips that are mentioned in this article. Also, hosts need not to splurge on party events since careful attention to pre-party needs will definitely influence the outcome of the party. By knowing this, Singapore can also be known as one of the best party destinations in the region.